Saturday, May 4, 2013

Gelling



What could be better than whiling the hot afternoon hours chatting away with friends of like mind?

Chatting away while taking a nice dip in a cool pool!!


There really was no plan for this to happen but everything just came together after a short  encounter full of laughter that took place right after attending the regular morning mass at our parish.

The stories just kept on coming and the laughter could not be contained.   As everyone knows, when two or more lady friends are gathered, an hour is too short for anecdotes to bounce from one to the other.   As fate would have it, the four of us were all free to meet up later in the afternoon at a friend’s pool to continue the joyful chit-chat at a more leisurely pace.

As with all things unplanned, there is very little expectations.   And this usually makes for a relaxed mood where everyone is put at ease.  Each one of us contributed snacks that were just picked up from our pantries like biscuits and cheese or food items quickly ordered and delivered like pizza and pasta.   


Such perfect treat for filling our tummies as we chattered away like a quartet of tweeting birds.

A full moon was up in the sky when we finally said our good-byes. And that alone took a good 30 minutes as we continued to laugh and put in one more story, one last joke, one side comment as we walked to the gate.



As I end this little piece, I realize how much I enjoy the company of my friends.  I most probably can do without travelling, or shopping for new shoes or logging into facebook.  But I definitely will dry up if I did not have the chance to sit around (or better still, swim around) with my friends every now and then.

---xoxoxoxox---

I was in luck.  The day before our “chat-fest”, I had passed a bakeshop and bought some goodies to take home.  Among the treats I bought was a gelatin dessert—“Broken Cathedral Window”.  I was grateful that my hubby and I had not yet sliced it up as it was just a right thing to bring and share with my friends. 


Yesterday, wanting to re-create that cool treat, I decided to do a little experiment.  What if I cut up a couple of ready-made gelatin cups  and add it to a easy-to-make milk gelatin from a box?

 
Viola!!  My own broken cathedral window --- although more like a  very soft cathedral window.  Nonetheless, it made me remember how my friends and I gelled that recent unplanned afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment