Tuesday, May 4, 2010

An Untangled Life

O Oh! I put my foot in my mouth today and complicated what could have been a simple situation. I had made someone dear to me angry.

For a while, I simply brushed the uncomfortable feeling with this thought: “It’s not important. Besides, it will blow over and things will be normal and dandy again.” Well, it did not blow over and a heavy feeling settled in.

To quiet the voice in my head, I decided to put out my box of beads and figured that some “alone” time would bring things back to normal. I remember how stringing some beads together had a therapeutic effect.



Oh dear! I seem to have made a mess of the nylon thread and could not begin any beading project until I could unravel the tangle.



I first thought of cutting up all the tangles but stopped myself after I realize that I would end up with useless bits of thread. Slowly I started to pull the thread here and then take it under and over and around a spool. In a little while there was order and a light turned on in my mind.

Ah Hah! There was a lesson to be learned. Like the tangled thread, I realized that my false pride has made a mess of things. So, taking a deep breath, I untangled the pride off me and came clean by admitting my mistake.

There! I felt so much better.



x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o

Do you like how beads can be strung together and become something pretty and even functional? Let me share with you what I finally created after that Ah Hah moment (an expression I am borrowing from Oprah).



A beaded keychain (Tadah!!)—with some imagination and patience, you too can take up this hobby and claim its therapeutic benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment